The Morrill Public Library lends Chromebooks to Morrill Public Library card holders ages 18 or older who have a current Morrill Public Library card in good standing (i.e. library card is not blocked due to unpaid fines or lost materials).
Chromebooks can only be checked out and used in the Library building and are available on a first come, first served-basis. Chromebooks cannot be placed on hold. The Library reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or who have a history of returning items late. The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device.
- A patron must present their library card and a government issued photo identification to the MPL circulation desk at the time of checkout.
- Once a Chromebook is checked out to a patron, it becomes the responsibility of that patron.
- Any changes in condition or content while in the patron’s care will be the patron’s responsibility. The patron is responsible for damage, loss, or theft.
- Patrons should have a basic working knowledge of the device on checkout. If any technical problems are encountered, patrons should return the device immediately to the MPL circulation desk.
- Devices must be returned directly to the MPL circulation desk at least one (1) hour before the library closes.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (case, device, USB cable, power adapter, instructions.)
- The Chromebook will be examined to ensure it has not been tampered with. If damage to the device is discovered by Library staff, these costs will be added to the patron’s account.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if the device or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned.
- Chromebook – $200